Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I haven't met anyone that has or seen anyone that has done it via pictures, it's possible though but I think anything's possible. I'd say just based on dealing with what's behind that part of the dashboard that it wouldn't be easy since the cables that handle the vents are metal 'rods' (very stiff and high gauge metal wires) that push and pull to adjust the vent positions and the stereo would probably get in the way of that which is probably why Nissan designed it the way it is, hehe.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Yes its been done, but i cant remember who. Try doing a search on this and the B15 boards, Im sure you can find it somewhere on one of the two. I think the person was even working on marketing kits to do it. I have had the whole console apart in my car and by the looks of things it would not be all that hard. The biggest problem I see would be the HVAC cabels. Try to find the posts about it.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
It was member CustomCrainium(no surprise, he is the mod man) who has moved his HVAC unit. Ask him about what it takes to do it.

C

·
0 Posts
Hey, I cant find my close pics,

But I relocated the hvac to below the stereo so I could install 3 gauges above the stereo once it is boosted. It wasnt to hard i just hade to dremmel off part of the stereo brackets and disconected the hvac cables and cut the top part of the brackets off for the hvac and installed it into the factory mounting holes blow the stereo with some 1" springs and 1 1/4" screws.

C

·
0 Posts
Its not that hard....

Just takes a few test fits and to study the way everything sits as stock.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
selrider99 said:
damn would i love to switch mine around i hate the drink getting in the way of my tunes!!!!!
i hear you!!! shit i just bought an eclipse deck the other day, had my pop sitting there hit a bump and pow pop all over my new deck:mad: . not to mention my roommate (he goes every where with me cause he dont have a car of his own) is always getting in the way of me shifting, messing with changing cds, adjusting bass ect. ect. which is cool cause my system always sounds good and i dont have to mess with it driving. but his arm in the way when i down shift is getting really annoying!!!!!

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Yeah i hate it when my drink gets in the way too. I need to get a head unit with remote. And to top it off not a lot of drinks fit in the cup holder. Too small, i always put it in the middle behind my hand brake in the box thingy.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Yeah i hate it when my drink gets in the way too. I need to get a head unit with remote. And to top it off not a lot of drinks fit in the cup holder. Too small, i always put it in the middle behind my hand brake in the box thingy.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
I have the drink problem too. I had a cold drink sitting against my clarion cd player and the drink caused the inside of the screen to fog up (it's back to normal now). About the cup holder being too small. I heard that an older generation Altima has a replacement cup holder that will fit in out car and the drink holes are bigger.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think they did the same thing for the inside of the car as they it looks like they did for the engine compartment. To me it looks like they built the chasis and then stuffed the engine and everything else into the car. (the opposite way I think it would make sense to do) Personally I've always used the drink in the box b/c I like the placement of the radio. I spend most of my time driving in traffic, so my hand stays on the gear shift most of the time. The radio is in the right spot for me to change stations with out taking my hand off of the shifter. But I can see where you guys don't like it. Are car maunfacturers ever going to build a well designed car in terms of where everything goes and ease of repairs under the hood that doesnt cost more than a house?

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I might be able to locate those pics of the moved HVAC.

I do not have the pop issue, as we do not use the holders at all. You are almost asking for a problem with those things.

·
Registered
72 Posts
idea fellas......put ur drink in the center console hole that poor thing they call a cup holder is ghey......i am going to rip it out and put my turbo timer in there....my .02

tank

1 - 20 of 38 Posts