Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On RX7's we use MMO every once in a while to get rid of carbon build up and generally clean up the engine

what you do is take out the plugs, put some Meguirs Mystery Oil in (or ATF fluid if you have a seized engine), turn the engine over, put some more MMO in, put the plugs in, let it sit for a day, then run the engine for a while until everything smooths out. This process restores lost compression and makes the engine run like new

It's also a good idea to put a bottle of MMO in the gas tank when you fill up once a month

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with MMO in their sentras?

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
i forget where, but there is an article in either SOLM or Nissan Performance Online Mag where someone uses a method to clean carbon build up.......do a search;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup

i don't know how it will work on GA16's

but I've heard about junkyard engines being brought back to life

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ATF can mess those up ppl have told me
but MMO doesn't

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
check out z-max, that's what i used to use, then abused it, then destroyed my front crank seal, then kept using it, and for the fuel, try NOS octane booster off-road formula, cleans injectors and such, or also MOC, that's what most dealers use.......

·
Driver
736 Posts
Don't use Z-Max, it's just mineral oil. There was a thread about it a while back where the report proving it was only mineral oil was linked.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
mineral oil!!?!?! what?!?!!! son of a bits.......i've been running mineral oil!!!!then why do we put it in out pre-owned cars???!! it has to ba at least good for something.......but yeah it destroyed my front crank seal.......

·
Driver
736 Posts
azkicker0027 said:
mineral oil!!?!?! what?!?!!! son of a bits.......i've been running mineral oil!!!!then why do we put it in out pre-owned cars???!! it has to ba at least good for something.......but yeah it destroyed my front crank seal.......
Check out this LINK

·
Registered
500 Posts
So that means I can go buy zmax products, ruin my engine then sue? :eek:

·
Registered
500 Posts
What thread? *delete*

1 - 19 of 19 Posts