Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 frontier and it has a small leak. The leak is coming from behind the oil pan. Due to a missing bolt. However I don't know what it that part is or what size bolt I need. If anyone could I'd appreciate it!
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Tread

Attachments

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,949 Posts
Looks like there are two leaks; leaking oil pan drain plug seal and the other one is a leaking rear crankshaft seal.

To replace the rear crankshaft seal, the tranny and the flywheel need to be removed. If the leak is not constant, there's no immediate need for replacement, just keep an eye on the level of oil in the pan.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,531 Posts
It could be the rear main seal, but it also could be a leaking, rear oil pan lip seal, which often gets mistaken for a rear main seal leak. The drain pan crush washer should be replaced at every oil change. It's Nissan # 11026-01M02. Search it on Ebay and you'll find them in bags in multiple's of five. They are also used on the AT drain plug. Also, there is not a bolt missing from the bellhousing; it's supposed to be like that. On some models, there will be a 6Mx1.0 threaded bolt that holds the inspection plate cover to the bellhousing on the other side. It's not the reason for your leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts