Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After some research, I deduct that the no. 1 cylinder is the first one from the timing belt and then, in order, 2-3-4.

Let me know if I'm right !

Thanks.

Marc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks. This helps.

Thought I had an ignition issue with the misfires, but turns out I have leaking head gaskets. Have to say that at 330 000 km, can't expect to have no issues at all...!!!

Prestone is leaking into the cylinders which explains the hiccups at startup but that go away after 5-10 seconds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now exploring the "head gasket sealers" as a possible $30 solution VS a $1500 head gasket replacement solution...!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestion.

I've done some research and I've finally decided on K-Seal. I know a lot of sites, including our dear Scotty..., recommend other sealers, but K-Seal is just about the only one that is both simple to use and has a relatively high number of positive reviews on different sites. When I see a site recommending only ONE product, I get the impression it's more an advertisement than an actual review...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
Tipit008
Nissan Forum
Nissan Forums is the go to place to talk about your favorite Nissan model, including the Rogue, Maxima, Altima and even sports cars like the 370Z and 200SX.
Full Forum Listing