Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a :newbie:, glad to be a member.

Long post so bare with me, I need help.

So my pathfinder started misfiring out of the blue one day, code reader said P0302 and P0325 (misfire cyl 2 and knock sensor). Run some seafoam through the intake vacuum lines and fuel tank. After the seafoam was out of the system I change the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I also have the timing belt done, because it was due. Along with the timing belt I also have the water pump and thermostat replaced. The issues did not clear up and after a few weeks turned to a P0300 and P0325. I had the EGR and knock sensor replaced. Now I am getting a P0306. I cleaned the MAF and TB and adjusted the idle by turning the distributor, still having issues. What should I try next? :confused:

Also, when the car stumbles, I can hear a tick coming from what sound like the inside of the distributor cap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention, the fuel filter was already replaced. I changed the entire distributor last night and re-timed. the motor does not seem to misfire, however it still stumbles a little. :thumbdwn: Oddly enough, when the engine stumbles, the lights dim and a clicking/ticking is heard from the distributor. I was doing this with the old distributor too. :confused: Could this be a grounding issue or maybe a vacuum issue? I checked vacuum lines, but that does not mean I didn't miss something. :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so the truck died on the wife last week while she was traveling on the interstate. Started misfiring and loosing power, then eventually died on the side of the road. The motor would turn, but would not start. had it towed home, same code, P0300. cleared the code and tried to start it, no go. No spark from the rotor to the cap. Truck threw a new code, P0304 and P1400 (had no idea what the 1400 was), CMP sensor. 1 problem, I can't reach it, it on top of the trans bell housing. :mad: Have it towed to the mechanic. He replaced the CMP, still wont start. Turns out there is another issue, mostly likely the issue the entire time. The shielding on the wires inside the plug that connected to the distributor melted off, and the wires were arching to the base of the distributor, the clicking I was hearing from cap, and the brand new plug wire going to cyl 6 had a bad end in the boot on the plug side. He was able to recrimp the plug end and shrink tape the wires in the plug going to the cap. Car runs fine again, no misfires or clicking. Still light on from the P1400 code, turns out this is from the erg solenoid. Of course this is a mfg part, we can't find it form anyone but Nissan. Total cost for the tow, CMP, diag/fix the ignition, EGR solenoid, and labor, $551.19. :crazy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been troubleshooting my mom's '99 that was missing and then starting to chug and would eventually die. It sometimes would restart and be ok other times it wouldn't restart. No codes ever come up. I did the usual plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor, fuel filter, air filter etc...but it did it again yesterday and I just happened to be on my way to the dealer to pick up some parts. Luck me they were able to get it hooked up to the computer and found out that the distributor was causing misfires. New distributor now and seems to be ok. I have it torn apart now doing the timing belt, water pump, seals, and thermostat. What a mess! lol...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts