Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, i am preparing my 2dr B12 to my country's rainy season :rolleyes: , i've found that i have some rust spots in the trunk, and in the bottom side of my doors, i think that i can maybe repair it myself if i hear some suggestions, what i think it needs to be done, is maybe use sand paper un the rust spots, and then apply some new paint, but i'll try to do the best work possible, any suggestions?
Also, i have a friend that has a '86 Sunny, 5 speed, 4 doors, he told me it was a B12, but we checked the engines, and his is way smaller that mine, the air intake in like 1.5'' and it pointing to the front of the car, not sideways like mine, the question is, how different is his car? is Sunny ans Sentra similar?

Also, if any of you have some idea how to get a nice clean trunk astreamk1's, would be really nice!

Thanks a Lot for your time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For the rust problem you're going to need an air compressor and a palm sander. You're going to have to most likely go all the way to the metal. Past the paint and primer, and all that. Seal it, prime it, paint it. Then wet sand it. I also suggest before sealing it, put a paper thin coat of filler on the metal to make sure the paint doesnt fisheye on you. Peace.

·
Registered
244 Posts
rust on car metal should always be cut out, and replaced with new metal. slap some bondo over it after grinding it smooth, primer, then paint. Rust is not easy, unless its very very little.
-ri

1 - 3 of 3 Posts