Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finishing install A-pillar gauge pods on my SE-R. It looks nice. Took the vehicle out for test drive, make sure that the Oil pressure and Voltmeter gauge work proprely. I did a good job. Well on the way coming back home from the test drive, I noticed this late 70's or 80's Chevy Pickup with undercarrage lighting (Street Glow) on the freeway (east coast and Midwesterns, expressway). A teenager or early 20's person driving. Well, I passed him, and he decided to race me. Now, I'm thinking to myself, should I succumb to the "dark side" and lose this "kid" or be the responsible adult that I'm and back off. As I noticed that I had open lanes and homeboy was on my "tip".......I succumb to the "darkside". So I increased my speed according to traffic conditions. Before I knew it I clocking 125mph, still ahead. Well the force, "the good side" had overcome me and I decided to slow down. What is interesting, is for about 5 miles I was increasing my distance from him. He could not keep up. He finally "bail out" and got off the freeway. After this escapade, my little SE-R helded it own against a teenager or early 20's in a pickup. Go figure. My 2 cent worth.

·
Driver
736 Posts
Maybe he would have minded his own business if he hadn't raced the truck:confused: That's all I got out of the story at least...

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
LOL, come on guys. He installed the A-Pillar and was taking it out for a test drive. All he wanted was to see if they work correctly, "minding his own business". But then, out of the blue, someone wanted to race him.

How much did you pay for the A-Pillar gauge holder? Is it for 2 or 3 gauges? How long did it take you to install (with everything) and what gauges do you have an how much were each? (From where) :D Maybe we can turn this thread into something useful.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
minding your business topic......

Teknokid said:
Im sorry but that was the lamest story ive heard. You should have put more into it, maybe thats why i didnt get much out of it. What does this have to do with minding your business??
I'm sorry that this story was "lame" in your opinion. I'm was just expressing my opinion, just like you express your opinion on issues. The point of the was, I was minding own business after I did some enhancments on my vehicle. I wasn't looking "looking" for someone race or to prove a point. I believe this, if you did some upgrades on your car and take for a test drive and all of a sudden somebody wants to race you, what would you do?

QinSac

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A-piller gauge holder.......

Psch91 said:
LOL, come on guys. He installed the A-Pillar and was taking it out for a test drive. All he wanted was to see if they work correctly, "minding his own business". But then, out of the blue, someone wanted to race him.

How much did you pay for the A-Pillar gauge holder? Is it for 2 or 3 gauges? How long did it take you to install (with everything) and what gauges do you have an how much were each? (From where) :D Maybe we can turn this thread into something useful.
Lo-Tek Inc., their website is under consturction at this time. Their phone # 919-479-0749. The cost is 44.99 plus 5.99 shipping total cost 50.98. You can it painted for an extra $5.

It's a 2 gauge holder. Fits well. I went with Spiltfire 2.1/16" gauges. Oil Pressure (cost 35.99) and Voltmeter (cost 31.99) I got them online from 247autoparts.com shipped directly to my door.

I had the components for over 2 weeks, but the prep work was the longest. The routing of the wires through the firewall. Suitable connectors, making sure that I wired them correctly,etc,etc.....

So I did the install last night about 8:30 and finished about 11. Everything worked fine till this morning, the oil pressure gauge needle was violently going back and forth, suspect a bad connection, will fix that this afternoon. If you have a hand held hair dryer, use it soften gauge holder, so you "mold" it for snug and professional fit.

Thanks for backing me up with your response. If you have any questions drop me a line. out.

QinSac

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL...that reminsd me of an incident a few nights ago. EVery since I got my body kit, everyone has been wanting to race me. And ALL of the "opponents" have been big hardcore muscle cars. Yea...i'm sure beating on a 4 door family car makes you feel all good and manly. :rolleyes:

SO a few nights ago a Camaro comes up to me REvving it's engines at me. So...I give him a lil rev back. *no exhaust, no intake, just my stock motor...lol*. So the light turns green and he hauls ass off the line, smoke, loud squeelin. And he's about 60 feet down the road and I turn right. lol. Yea...like I really had ANY intention of racing him. Espcecially seeing as how my lane merged into his. DUMBASS!!! :mad:

The funniest part...the road I turned onto...there was a cop. BUSTED!!! hahaha. I laughed my half Korean ass all the way home. :D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now i realize i have a bone stock motor and a speed limter..but for the time it takes my car to get to 125mph i'd have felt bad about driving that fast and backed off. i'm not going to jail over it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts