Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Or if You have a receipt from a new speedo that indicates mileage at which it was sold, then that is sufficient enough.

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
I'm assuming that you got a new cluster with a tach, and want to get the correct milage on the speedo in the new cluster. The easiest way to do this is to put your old speedo into the new cluster.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
that is possible!?! i didnt know i will do that when i get my new clusters.

N

·
0 Posts
it will fit but not work right because at se-r max is 140 and a ragualr sentra is 120

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the nissan dealer won't calibrate an old odometer they say it's against the law i checked with them already. they say that you have to buy a new one then bring your car to the dealer to calibrate it. i find this to be bull shit, try and find someone to do it for you pofessionally.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Yes,
Nissan dealers can do it. Its just a matter if they want to, or in other words, are they in the mood. It is against the law to change an odo off the correct mileage, but it isn't against the law to correct the mileage. You need to be patient with them and describe to them what it is you are doing and why your service needs to be done. Expect alot of negativity from them. Dealers like stupid people. They like it for you do drop the car off and have them take care of everything and send you the bill. To correct the mileage costs about $40.
Your best option is to try and find someone you know inside a dealer network, say a friend, and have them look around for you. Otherwise you will put up with alot of technician lip and patronization. Still, if thats the cost of doing service, so be it.

Seth

1 - 15 of 15 Posts