Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been watching a slow oil leak for about a week, oh this is the second week I have had the car since I bought it, and I'm pretty sure its the front seal. Anyhow, coming off the x way the car was real sluggish for a bit, and I was almost home. Turned down the radio, and I hear some bad knocking....oh sob I said, sounds like there isnt any oil. Get her home, and of course....no oil on the dipstick. I have filled her back up and the car runs fine until about 5 minutes, and I hear a slight skip in the engine, and it dosent really knock too loud, but you know its not running right, and the car shakes a little. I made an appointment for the seal, but I'm not sure what else I should do. New engine to think about, or get the seal, and just keep an eye on things? Thanks for any help chuckies :). Now I know why the car was listed at $1900...97 sentra gxe.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
nd4spd said:
Well I have been watching a slow oil leak for about a week, oh this is the second week I have had the car since I bought it, and I'm pretty sure its the front seal. Anyhow, coming off the x way the car was real sluggish for a bit, and I was almost home. Turned down the radio, and I hear some bad knocking....oh sob I said, sounds like there isnt any oil. Get her home, and of course....no oil on the dipstick. I have filled her back up and the car runs fine until about 5 minutes, and I hear a slight skip in the engine, and it dosent really knock too loud, but you know its not running right, and the car shakes a little. I made an appointment for the seal, but I'm not sure what else I should do. New engine to think about, or get the seal, and just keep an eye on things? Thanks for any help chuckies :). Now I know why the car was listed at $1900...97 sentra gxe.
wow that sucks. you really need to clearify the knock you hear doesnt give enough info over it. hopefully you didnt do what i did and spin a connecting rod bearing.....big no no lol i put about 1k into my motor to rebuild it. i would just replace the seal and keep an eye on it. the worst it can do is blow it up wich you already think you did lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I have a line on a used engine, it has only 38,000 miles, and they want $375.00, dosent seem to bad, course plus about 100 dollars shipping. I told my mechanic to inspect the engine before replacing the seal, so I know for sure. I think 375 is pretty good, not sure what they will soak me for labor though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts