Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, sad but true. I bought a 01 Miata LS a month or so ago cuz I wanted a new RWD car. Still love the Sentra and it will be hard to part with it. The problem is that as much as I love driving my Miata at the autocross, I get nervous driving it so hard, so I was thinking the Sentra might be a good project car. Unfortunately, I don't think I can afford two cars for several reasons.

Soo.. the question is, what is this car worth. I don't believe Edmunds necessarily cuz it's such a rare car. It's got 100k miles, new tires, never been raced, a big door ding on one side, a fender bender with some body and hood damage to the left-front (maybe $600 of damage, but nothing structural), and it's in very good shape other than that. It needs a tune up--it has the stinky muffler problem and has a tough time starting in the cold winter. What can I get for it in its current form? I might do some things like fixing the body damage and a tune up before I sell it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i would throw out that you could get between 2400 and 3750 depending on small things (door hinges sagging, 5th gear pop out, rough paint or body damage, interior) i would think you could get 2400 at minimum and difficult to get over 3000 for it.

Brent Meints

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I don't have a digital camera, so I don't have pics yet. The interior is pretty clean, but not perfect (no drivers floormat and the carpet behind the seats is a little torn up.) 5th gear popout is not an issue, but the drivers door sags just a little. I think I'd be pretty happy with something in the range you gave.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Where are you located? If north then rust could be an issue and that teamed up with the dings and dent means a lot of body work and may drag the price down a tad as the next owner would have to take care of that. i still think 2400 is a going price no matter the rust it may have or dings. If it was clean with no dents and limited dings and a good interior then 3000 to 3200 is more the going price. I have bought 4 se-r and 2 nx2000 now, two for me and the rest for friends and my brother and that seems to be the going rate.

brent

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it seems he is from kansas, personally id try and see what ppl locally are selling for and try to sell local first. usually ppl dont know how much a car is worth and you can rip them off :) :) :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HEY! im NOT a nissan newbie! damn forum! yay more postage for me:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts