Nissan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was at the midnight races in salt lake city, we have them at a raceway to prevent dumb kid that want to race on the street to have a place to race. so to make this short two cars come up to the line and start to rev, the green light fires and all i seen was a 200sx and a new mustang saleen. fore sure i thought the mustang was going to pull it out but this 200sx did something that made it run a 13.46 1/4 mile. hell ya more power to the nissan owners:thumbup: oh and i seen a few maximas kick some arse:p

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Saleen(pronounced Sah-lean) must have been a GT with a body kit. the S\Ced versions run low-low 12's with a descent driver.BTW they arent designed for quarter mile anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
track racing.

·
Registered
549 Posts
speaking of track racing have you done the autocross thing yet shanker?

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
Man, a 200sx, i wish mine would run that fast. I wonder what he did to it. I think they have those races out a Manzanita Speedway. I want to go check it out.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
maybe he was squeezin'?

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
He could have simply I/H/E a 50shot and slicks if it was an SE-R.

The Saleens are made for track racing (AutoCross)? Do they actually win? I would think they are way to heavy. I thought they were just fast ass trackstangs along with the S281's, Cobras and Roushes.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
It'd be pretty easy to get a 200sx down to a 13.4 if he had an sr20. Bolt-ons and a small shot of n2o will get you down there, or a turbo would get you to a 13.4 pretty easily. Now if he has a ga16 that's a whole other story

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i dont know what that 200sx had on it but it was damm quick!! the midnight races are the best in salt lake an 5.0 mustang and a older ford raced and the mustang ran a 10.44 i want my maxima to be that quick:rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
tHe iLleSt RiCe said:
maybe he was squeezin'?
squeezin' what? squeezin' some boobies!

Hey SweetRideNAZ. Every Thursday nite at 7pm there is "Sport Compact Drag Nite" at Firebird Raceway www.firebirdraceway.com
But since you hate Honda's so much you might not want to go cause there's some fast ones out there. Along with some fast WRX's EVO's SpecV's 300ZX's and quite a few ugly, loud but quick Neons. you should come check it out. $15 and you can race all you want. they have burnout contests at the end of the nite too and local Team's & Shops display their stuff too

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey i was there to

But instead of waiting in the pits for an hour and half to make one run, i went to the road course (auto cross basically) that they set up on the oval. In the time they did one run, we had done about 6. Pretty dope, lots of fun in the non turbo 1990 nissan 300zx. They need to just build a road couse in utah that way all the people who like to turn could do it. On the road couse there was a guy with a classic SE-R that had a turbo charged sr20de, with a nice FMIC, and some pretty dope looking volk rims, also there was a 89-93 240 with an sr20det swap.

The worst part about the "midnight" drags are all the people who bring there 18 second cars out. (yeah yeah i know mine is slow as well i was only able to trap at 16.6 when i ran)

latter wiggY when is the next meet

G

·
God I hate those racers! Especially Honda Civics thinking they can tear up my baby...oh and dig this...on the way to Jacksonville today, a new BMW wanted to race...I smoked the shit out of it...and he wants to pull over and talk shit to me....

To my fellow Nissan owners, hope to see ya'll on the raceway one day so we can destroy the other imports....

Laters, Katie

·
Registered
19 Posts
speaking of track racing have you done the autocross thing yet shanker?
Actually I haven't yet. There is an SVT meet at a track next month for the weekend and they'll have instructors there for training. I need training before I would even dare track it. This car has @400rwhp so I'd better know what exactly I'm doing before I go out there. I can't wait though. I'll keep you all posted and hopefully have videos as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DAM yea i hate the 18 sec racers there is like no point to them being on the track..... but out here in UTAH ppl try to race trucks, harleys, and mopeds...:D i bet i could get on the track with my sisters 10 spd bike and beat a honduh......:p hey wiggy where you live by??

·
Registered
33 Posts
nagal

sup nagal, hey man i'm out in west jordan. Do you ever go out to autocross events. They are having a lot of them this week, i went to one out at copper hills today and took some pictures (i'll be picking them up in a few hours and scanning them in some time next week) there is one at the ecenter on SUNDAY MAY 25, the first car is scheduled to be off at 10:30am. You should come out.

Hey have you heard of any nissan meets in the SLC???

chillin'

joe a.k.a WiGgY a.k.a wiGGleS a.k.a WaGganS

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey wiggy,
whats up sorry that is wasnt around camping all weekend and really got shitfaced.. i seen the autosross at the e center but didnet see cars.. i heard the next nissan meet is in wendover but not for sure but some time this summer it should happin.. well what part of west jordan are you from im from the 84084 area by kearns part we should kick it my # 548-1239 show off some cars.. :D what bout the races this weekend i might race this weekend

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey i am going out to the races this week

Hey NAGAL, I'm going to go out to the races this week i am thinking i will do the auto x and maybe do the drags, you can now do both for like $15.00 which is pretty dope, and the cool thing is that autocross will start one hour earlier and still go until 2 am. I'm thinkin if i go do autocross i will get in the drag line right at the beginning do one pass and then go do the road course for the rest of the night
I'm just right off of bangater highway and 78th

hey shoot me an email if you ever want to go chill' [email protected]

joe a.k.a WIGgY

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey ya wiggy i will drop you a few lines before this weekend and see what is going to happin and i will ask when the next nissan meet is cause i really dont know when it is going to happpin.. but i done know bout the autocross i never did that shit i just ran the 1/4 mile..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts