Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is my first car and im happy and sad :(

Main reason being when I brought the car the tracking was fine. After about a month I noticed it started pulling to the left. I then took it to the shop that I brought it from who said it was fine. I then went into another garage to find it got fixed and it did work. After a week or so it started to go bad again.

What happens is, (say the car has the engine on but going no where) the steering to the right is normal say. But when steering left, it turns in that little more lightly and easier. I’m a little confused what to do especially as I have a 200 mile car journey in a few days time.

One other thing, about 5 times a week I go out for lunch with me boss who is a big lad (18 -20 stone) and I didn’t know if someone’s weight can affect the car?

I have no idea what to do, so some help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Peek-a-boo....
1,717 Posts
are the tires matching? doesnt really matter if there are 2 of one brand up front, 2 out back, but if theres one brand on the left, and another on the right, the difference may cause the steering problems.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
danielbanks said:
Ok, this is my first car and im happy and sad :(

Main reason being when I brought the car the tracking was fine. After about a month I noticed it started pulling to the left. I then took it to the shop that I brought it from who said it was fine. I then went into another garage to find it got fixed and it did work. After a week or so it started to go bad again.

What happens is, (say the car has the engine on but going no where) the steering to the right is normal say. But when steering left, it turns in that little more lightly and easier. I’m a little confused what to do especially as I have a 200 mile car journey in a few days time.

One other thing, about 5 times a week I go out for lunch with me boss who is a big lad (18 -20 stone) and I didn’t know if someone’s weight can affect the car?

I have no idea what to do, so some help would be greatly appreciated.

Well if you live in the US it should be pulling to the right with a fat guy in there lol.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
All cars veer to the curb. It has to do with the slope of the road. However you may have an abnormally worn tire or a brake that's pulling. That or a bad steering bushing or a rear tire that can't be aligned which is not aligned properly. Too many variables.

Seth

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi guys! Cheers

so u reackon just bin the thing. LOL. cant belive that even when at stand still the sterring just turns to the left without any force, by about 20 degrees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts