Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told Marc (Valboo) that I couldn't take my car (Sentra) out last Tuesday & told him that I will post the reason.

Some antecedents:

I partially live at Mexico City, world biggest city (20millon of "humans"), but international organisms, count different cities actually together, as separate cities.

It's also the main industrial population & where almost 5million cars (cars & commercial trucks) are registered.

It's at 2,300 mts above sea level & surrounded by mountains.

Al this make a highly polluted place, much higher than International Standars.

Partial Solution:

At mid 80's the local government launches a couple measures trying to solve the pollution caused by old vehicles: Gas Inspections & "Hoy no circula"= A week day that you can't take out your car.

At 1989, federal government all cars have to came from factory with 3 way Cathalitic Converter.

At 1993, all cars has to be Fuel Inyected & cars registered at the Mexico City area & passes a strict level at the gas inspection got the "cero" decal & can be driven all days.

Solution is partial, because, many people took their old car, increasing the pollution, or even, got an Xtra car for the family (our solution).

My recent problem:

Last year I registered my car at Queretaro State (200kms north of Mexico City) 'cause I'm going to move deffinitely there as soon as I sold my house at Mex City.

Well, the day car don't go out is randomly selected at the mid 80's era, & for my Sentra it was Tuesday.

The "I-hate-thing":

All nissans at Mexico got Cali Specs, so my Sentra is a really low polution car, but just because my car is registered outside Mex City it has to "rest parked" for one day at my house, if I try to take out, It'll pass the night behind bars at a govenment parking & the fine will be ~135 US.

Why X-Trail can contribute to the pollution problem:

Have you ever seing the Hybrid X-Trail? if not, please, tell me, I'll look for a link.

·
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
715 Posts
X-Trail Hybrid

Here is the info you wanted

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOLOGY/INTRODUCTION/XTRAILFCV/

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/alternative/112_news_031117_xtrail/

manuelga said:
I told Marc (Valboo) that I couldn't take my car (Sentra) out last Tuesday & told him that I will post the reason.

Some antecedents:

I partially live at Mexico City, world biggest city (20millon of "humans"), but international organisms, count different cities actually together, as separate cities.

It's also the main industrial population & where almost 5million cars (cars & commercial trucks) are registered.

It's at 2,300 mts above sea level & surrounded by mountains.

Al this make a highly polluted place, much higher than International Standars.

Partial Solution:

At mid 80's the local government launches a couple measures trying to solve the pollution caused by old vehicles: Gas Inspections & "Hoy no circula"= A week day that you can't take out your car.

At 1989, federal government all cars have to came from factory with 3 way Cathalitic Converter.

At 1993, all cars has to be Fuel Inyected & cars registered at the Mexico City area & passes a strict level at the gas inspection got the "cero" decal & can be driven all days.

Solution is partial, because, many people took their old car, increasing the pollution, or even, got an Xtra car for the family (our solution).

My recent problem:

Last year I registered my car at Queretaro State (200kms north of Mexico City) 'cause I'm going to move deffinitely there as soon as I sold my house at Mex City.

Well, the day car don't go out is randomly selected at the mid 80's era, & for my Sentra it was Tuesday.

The "I-hate-thing":

All nissans at Mexico got Cali Specs, so my Sentra is a really low polution car, but just because my car is registered outside Mex City it has to "rest parked" for one day at my house, if I try to take out, It'll pass the night behind bars at a govenment parking & the fine will be ~135 US.

Why X-Trail can contribute to the pollution problem:

Have you ever seing the Hybrid X-Trail? if not, please, tell me, I'll look for a link.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
a cali emisions eqipped x trail should actually bring poluted air into the intake and let less poluted air out of the tailpipe... you are cleaning the air by driving in heavy industrial areas...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Manuelga, go to Semarnat (Ministry of Environment), they have a fleet of FCV XTrails along with Hybrid Prius in test by goverment officials.

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GSRMx (Sato) is my Sensei & owner of our Mexican Forum Efford (part of my sign)

Sato: Invite me when you've a Japanese Government visit to Semarnat ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts