Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sentra 1998 b14 gxe (ga16), imported from mexico. LIke 4 months ago, when i hit the gas to the bottom, i expect that the ecu cut the fuel inyection at 6500rpm (red line), but no, it keeps going forward until 7000-7200 rpm. I dont do that every day but im kinda worried about that.

I need to know what's happening...maybe some cable got disconected or ecu problem??

thanx for any help!

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,239 Posts
The red line is officially 6800 but you are right, the cut off is 7,000 - 7200.
Mine is the same. If you get the JWT ECU I believe they raise it to 7,500.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But, i dont have any modifications in my car, i can blow up the engine if i push it
+6800rpm and i dont want that...

when i bought this car like 1 1/2 year ago, the car was doing the redline cut at 6500-6800rpm, like a year ago all the car was disarmed (suspension, electrical, engine, doors, etc) because i had an awful accident, then, a few months later, the engine was repaired. So, I think when the mechanics re built the car, maybe they leave some cable disconnected or maybe they damaged the ecu...

I thinking about getting some money and go to nissan dealer (too damn expensive) and let them put the scanner...

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,239 Posts
You dont say where you are.
You can get any codes read for free at most auto parts store Autozone etc.
You wont hurt the engine going to 7200 stock, mine is ok, and they raise this to 7500 with stock internals.
why your performance changed I have no idea, but you seem to run simular to my car, which is also stock engine wise, mods are brakes, wheels and Tach.
You say your red line is 6500 ? the GA red line is 6800

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not in the states, Im in Cali, Colombia.

Im gonna test the car again, after i change the exhaust system to 2' and magnaflow mufler (not a fart pipe) with some people here that work very good here (i've seen their work with an opel corsa and 96' protege and some mustangs and falcons)...because my exhaust system is shit right now...them im gonna pull it 7500rpm and see if i feel the fuel inyection cut...and if i feel any hp gain...:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just test the car and you are right...in 2nd gear, fuel cut at 7100rpm...
but that's extrange...i just only dont understand why...
hope i dont destroy the engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts