Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just returned from the mountains where I was doing a lot of sharp turns on mountain roads. On the way down I noted a loud metallic scraping noise when I turned hard left. It seemed that the noise went away as soon as I returned to a lesser degree of turn and does not happen when driving normally. It seems like it is coming from the right side of the car but hard to pinpoint exactly which wheel. Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?

Whilst on the mountain I did take the X-Trail off road briefly and there were some bumps and uneven surfaces, so I am wondering if the car sustained some damage because of this.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,880 Posts
Jack up the car in the front; then turn the steering wheel to the extreme left position. Examine the inside of both wheel's edges to see if it's touching anything; also see if the rotors are touching anything.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Also check if the one of the thin metal brake dust shields got bent and is close to touching the rotor. The lateral force under heavy cornering could be just enough to make it rub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts