Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 sentra 1.8 and over bumps small or big theres a really light metal on metal rattle in the front left. It almost sounds like its in the dash because its easy to hear but doesnt sound like any serious component in the engine compartment. I checked any accesible shrouds in the engine bay and banged on and around the dash and door but i couldnt re create the noise unless driving. Any tips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have this noise on the front right of my 02 se-r. I asked around some forums and took it in a shop over a year ago, but no one could give me a confident answer. One shop told me to change my struts, but no one else had that suggestion so I didn't do it. The noise seems to have gotten more frequent over bumps, but I have no idea what it could be.

·
Registered
72 Posts
if you can feel your shocks being bumpy as in jumping around or wobbling over bumps then it most likely be your struts. take it a a mechanic have them check it out. also try pushing down on your shock and if it goes down all the way without much pressure then its ur struts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts