Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**Meet DOWN SOUTH :) **
Hey... I have been thinking about getting a meet together for the southern states. I've talked with a few forum members about it on various boards.. and I'd like to put something together in the next 2-3 months. Possible meeting places would be Baton Rouge, LA or New Orleans, LA.... Possibly Gulport, MS. Baton Rouge is REALY nice, as it's a college town. There are two ¼ mile tracks, and 1 of them is brand new.. it features a ¼ mile drag strip, and realy nice road course. The other nice thing is that I'm friends with the owner of the track. The parking lot is HUGE, and would be perfect for a big meet. New Orleans is also nice, obviously because of the city, night life. But, there are no tracks or anywhere that I can think of to hang out. And, I'm sure there would be some underage people, so clubbing would be out of the question. Gulfport is nice as well... as the beach is right there. Also, there's a pretty decent ¼ mile track there.

I'm looking to make this a weekend event.. and it will include all Nissans. There are a lot of guy on the SR20DEforum that would like to attend as well. I'm looking for turnout to be around 100-150 people/cars, at least. If you want to check out the new track down here... check this out---> www.noproblemraceway.com . This place would be about 30 minutes from Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge is realy nice guys. Check out the journey on www.mapquest.com . I'm thinking ¼ mile drags, road course, BBQ, and photos... What do you all think?
Travis

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
Louisiana is quite a drive, but I might be game if I had time to plan for it. I had also thought of doing a Carolinas meet, possibly at South of the Border on the NC/SC line. But that would be a one-day deal I think.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's not the south

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
Seymour Johnson Air Force Base.....Seymour Johnson......That sounds like a prank call Bart Simpson would make to Moe, doesn't it? The first time I drove by that area on 95 I laughed my A$$ off. I can't believe they named it that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm down Travis! I've been wanting to try the street course over at No Problem. My car will probably be looking presentable by that time and hopefully I'll have some more performance mods.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh yeah, go to www.sportsnimports.com see if you can stir up some interest for it on that site. Let me know when you want to do it and I'll see if I can get some people together from the B.R. area.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
tsi200sx said:
sure, it's a straight shot down US 70 from Raleigh. I've been through there a couple times.
What about Yadkinville, NC...ever heard of that? :D

laterz...Jody

1 - 14 of 14 Posts