^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
decent midbass, harsh highs, some people like them, I don't

installation might require cutting, depending on where you put the tweets

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
roman4189 said:
Say something about MB Quart, how good are they? What good speaker models do they make? And also I have an answered questions, if I get components, will the installation of them, involve cutting any of the door trim?
I was one of the first to buy them when they came out, really good speakers back then, but the highs were just TOO high! I'm running Boston Acoustics and they are awesome... before they, correct me if I'm wrong, switched from titanium tweeters to aluminum tweeters a few years back.

Make sure you get mid bass drivers, not mid range, for that little extra thump.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I like em a lot. The Premium and Q line are very nice. If you are willing to spend money on MB, also check Focal. You will probably like one or another more. Personally, I dont think you can get better value than the Q line. The Tweeter had a sale on them; 250 bucks for 2 tweets, 2 mids, 2 xovers w/ fuses...good deal and sound good. Highs are as said somewhat harsh but still great.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
MB Quarts are pretty nice speaakers judging from the 2 sets I have. The highs could be harsh. but adding in the Musicomp x-overs helped smooth that out a lot in my car. I also run the tweets at the -3db setting, as running them at the normal setting (0db) makes them sound way bright. I also run the treble control on my head unit lower than most, so that may be why I get the results I get. It's worth getting the separates for the front over doing the coaxs because the extra separation that you get from mounting the tweeter higher up improves the soundstage and opens up the sound noticeably. They are nice speakers, but there are a few others that have wonderful sound quality also for similar money. The Adire Kodas come to mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts