Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking the wife's car to get the brake pads changed this weekend, she has free brake pads from midas. Anyhow the car is vibrating when braking at high speeds. Sounds like warped rotors. If midas wants a boatload I rather do them myself but I need a jack, anyone willing to help if I need it?

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Midas will want a boatload...anything to gouge the customer over their 'free' pads service they'll take advantage of it.

If you do it Sunday I might be able to help you out. Let me know, SON.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figure they will, I looked up rotors online at the part's store and they were 35 a piece. Sunday is fine with me. They can just shove the free pads on there and I will roll out from there

·
All Show...trust me!
164 Posts
I figure they will, I looked up rotors online at the part's store and they were 35 a piece. Sunday is fine with me. They can just shove the free pads on there and I will roll out from there
Do the rotors first and then go have them replace the pads. Unless it down to the medal on the pads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do the rotors first and then go have them replace the pads. Unless it down to the medal on the pads.

Agreed!

Also, are your rotors warped, or do you have brake pad material stuck on them from high heat, would lead to the seem uneven contact surface and vibration.

·
1,906 Posts
It's a Matrix...I'm sure the rotors are warped. Chris, have you ever had the rotors turned? When was your last brake job? How many miles on it...'03 right?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its been about 40k since they were last serviced and they were turned back then. total miles on the car is mid 80s

·
1,906 Posts
Will those Wilwoods fit 14" though???

:fluffy:

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
Another option, buy the rotors and take them with you. When you get there give the guy in the bay a $20 bill to put them on for you while he is doing the pads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts