Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a 1992 240 for sale in my town, and I've always wanted one.
He says he bought it cheap from someone because it wouldn't start, but he adjusted the timing and distributor and got it to start, but now if he revs it up it bogs down. So he checked and there's gas in the oil, because the fuel injectors are "old and reused", so he's selling the car now for $800 obo.
Power everything works, etc. Is it worth buying and fixing? I don't have a lot of money, as I am a student. How serious of a problem could this be? Just looking for some first-hand advice.

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
could just be the injector o-rings. they seem to be a problem with the ka24de 240's.
800 is actually an excellent price if the body is in good condition because resale on those is very high right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he says he's moving so he is willing to negotiate, so I could probably even talk it down lower. But the body is in almost perfect condition. The interior has the typical 240 problems. It isn't running right now, but I'm willing to put in work on a car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
id buy it and work on it... the ka24`s are one of the best motors ive ever owned in a nissan when i had my 240... buy it and get it up to auto zone so they can hook there computer up to and and see what all has to be done...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah I love the KA. I have a 95 Altima with the KA24 in it that I'm selling right now. I've always wanted to have a 240 with one in it to work on and have the pleasure of owning.
I'm planning to go check it out in the coming days.

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
i actually own 3 - a 91 hatch with an sr, a 93 coupe with an sr and a 96 s14 with a ka.
get it and fix it, parts are very easy to come by.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
There's a 1992 240 for sale in my town, and I've always wanted one.
He says he bought it cheap from someone because it wouldn't start, but he adjusted the timing and distributor and got it to start, but now if he revs it up it bogs down. So he checked and there's gas in the oil, because the fuel injectors are "old and reused", so he's selling the car now for $800 obo.
Power everything works, etc. Is it worth buying and fixing? I don't have a lot of money, as I am a student. How serious of a problem could this be? Just looking for some first-hand advice.
dude thats cheap. id go for it, its well worth it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts