Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Magnaflow mufflers but i wasnt sure what the biggest size muffler I could get?

I want to get the biggest muffler that can fit under the B14 chasis without getting in the way of anything does any one know?>?

14" 18" 20" 24" ??
and width too?

·
Banned
809 Posts
i wouldnt go higher than 18 inches, becuase the tip will have to fit as well, You can fit a 24 inch muffler under there, but you would have no tip..

up to you

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Trupix, are you sure you have a nissan not a Honda?
But I see the question is appropriate, since bigger muffler is more power or not;)

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Psch91 said:
Trupix, are you sure you have a nissan not a Honda?
But I see the question is appropriate, since bigger muffler is more power or not;)
hehe
Anyway, look at his sig, maybe he wants the biggest possible to quite it down.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I went with the Maganflow SS 2.25" in/out Muffler #14255 on my G20. It is a 18" can, 5"x8" diameter, with an overall length of 24". It has a 3" tip on it that sits right under the rear fascia. Your B14's muffler is very similiar to the location of my P10. I had the shop cut off about 1" of the rear of the tip so it would fit nicely under the rear and not stick out.

On a B14, if you go with any size muffler over 18", you will probably not be able to use the rear muffler hanger as it will be in the way and you'll probably have to fabricate a custom hanger and drill into the car to mount the new hanger. With the 18", I was able to use all factory muffler mounts since my oem muffler was approx. 17.5" long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts