Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swaped motors on a 95 maxima to put in another 95. I have a tech question. The motor i'm using came out a a Maxima with a different emissions system. It has the vaccum thing with a sensor mounted to the top of the motor and some of the hoses are different. The car I put the motor into was less complex with the canister mounted in the back right. Which system should I use any help is useful. Thanks ..

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
You'll most likely have to keep what was on your original engine cause the ecm recognizes the components that was put on or in the car from Nissan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So.. would I need change the wiring harness and the brain because the harness on the car doesn't have the plug for the thing mounted on the top of the intake manifold... Its the plug right next to the back right injector.. Some of the hoses are different too. damm I wish I had a pic. It looks like Its for Cal emissions. Also If anyone has a close up of pictures of their emissions systems It would be great . Thanks :loser:

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
how to "hack" the ecu? any DIY way? :confused:
internetautomart is right...unless you have been working around Nissan code and have the right tools then 'hacking' the ecu is not going to happen.

Your only option is to look into getting a JWT ecu reflash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts