Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OUCH! thats right guys, the dealer told me that i need a front flex pipe for Maxima 1997. I've been searching for it but with no luck

the dealer wants $ 1064.00 for it without the labor!
do you guys know if front pipe can be found any where? even used? can it be fixed?

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Take Matt's advice. Why replace the stock with another stock when you can spend 10% of what the dealer said and gain ~15whp at the same time?

:):)

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah just get an aftermarket y-pipe. youll save a bunch of money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mrdick said:
yeah just get an aftermarket y-pipe. youll save a bunch of money.
yeah thats what i did, i bought a universal flex pipe and had my mechanic install it for me $40.00 for the flex part :) almost $1000.00 cheaper..LOL
and my Maxima is as quiet as a sleeping baby :)

only one thing now, they told me that my CAT Hanger (convertor hanger)is rotten and needs to be replaced. i've been looking for it so far but most shops keep saying only dealer carry it. how expensive is it?...

·
Registered
783 Posts
The rubber hanger itself should have a generic replacement just about anywhere, it's just an ordinary muffler rubber hanger. Large size, IIRC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hansen said:
yeah thats what i did, i bought a universal flex pipe and had my mechanic install it for me $40.00 for the flex part :) almost $1000.00 cheaper..LOL
and my Maxima is as quiet as a sleeping baby :)

only one thing now, they told me that my CAT Hanger (convertor hanger)is rotten and needs to be replaced. i've been looking for it so far but most shops keep saying only dealer carry it. how expensive is it?...
go to midas or some place like that, they can weld on hangers of any size.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah i Had to replace my Y-pipe in my maxima, even with my friends discount i still had to pay around..........800 for the pipe and install. Had i known that cattman made one better, i wouldve bought it.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Do not get headers...I won't get into how much of a waste they are.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, basicly headers for any maxima is a waiste of time and money; you get like two horsepower. Get a warpspeed or cattman y-pipe and you're set. (That's just what nismosleeper would do.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts