Nissan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been asked before but I cannot find the thread.
I currently have a 2WD '93 Standard Cab Pickup w/ 14 x 5 rims which originally come with P195/75R14 tires. I'd like to know the maximum sized tires I could use on these rims that would not cause interference with the steering (or atleast only minimal consquences- where it's drivable) and without any suspension and bodylifting. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I also have a 2wd, I have seen a guy hit a speed bump and the tires came up and hit the fenders, bulged them out :( so.... I put a 2" body lift on it (it was cheap, less hassle than a 3") It sits as high as a stock 4wd, which helps when I go to the lake etc.... and I dont have to worry about hitting my fenders!

·
Hardbody Freak
2,682 Posts
i run 235/75r 15s on a 15x10 rim truck tires and put a ton on my truck at least once a week.. probably has stock original shocks ..and everything else is stock .. not a rub ..ever..

on my other truck i run 235/75 r 15s on a pathy rim .those are lt tires ..not a rub ever..

·
Registered
310 Posts
WOW...But HOW???

i run 235/75r 15s on a 15x10 rim truck tires and put a ton on my truck at least once a week.. probably has stock original shocks ..and everything else is stock .. not a rub ..ever..

on my other truck i run 235/75 r 15s on a pathy rim .those are lt tires ..not a rub ever..
Ok, I'm impressed but...with the 235/75r 15s on a 15x10...and a ton(2000lbs) I'm curious to know if you have a leaf-spring beef up and what your shocks are. I'm wondering because I run pellet stove heat in my place and a ton of pellets is too much weight for my bed...1500lbs is all I can do in one load... and I run 225 75r 14s. Thanks ZG!

·
Registered
310 Posts
HHmmmm...makes me wonder if I should throw a leaf spring or two extra in...I wonder what the difference is in susp between the late 80s and early 90s...I really didn't think there was a difference...but apparently there is.

·
Hardbody Freak
2,682 Posts
i have had the opinion that the 90's and later truck were built with lighter steel..

i know when i shipped leaf springs the 95 leaf springs weighed less than the the 89 leaf springs ..

i also think the frames have less metal in them as well

alot of the trucks i run across from the 90's have rusted frames.

my 86.5 and 87 trucks frames have no rust ..

·
Registered
310 Posts
Fair enuf, I've had the box off my truck a few times, and the frame is still solid...but its mostly been up in Alberta where we don't use more than 3% salt/sand mixture. I think that you are right about the less metal in the 90's trucks...and I'm gonna put atleast 1 more leaf in, its chaep and easy. Thanks again!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts