Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what's the biggest tire size for a 89 b12? Does 205/60/14 tire fit with no rubbing? AND will this tire fit on a 14x6 rim?

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Get 195/55/15 tires on a 15" rim. It's the best comprimise between performance, looks, and weight.

R

·
0 Posts
RiceBox said:
Get 195/55/15 tires on a 15" rim. It's the best comprimise between performance, looks, and weight.
i had 15s with 195/50/15 and they rubbed like a son of a b!atch when I turned.:( other than that they were fine. and I put a dent in one on the
freeway. :mad: I now hav 14s with I think its 185/65/14.now its all good.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
was your car lowered??

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
red88 said:

i had 15s with 195/50/15 and they rubbed like a son of a b!atch when I turned.:( other than that they were fine. and I put a dent in one on the
freeway. :mad: I now hav 14s with I think its 185/65/14.now its all good.
195/50/15 rub too!?? rub on WHERE? the struts if not on the top wall?

R

·
0 Posts
nyit240 said:

195/50/15 rub too!?? rub on WHERE? the struts if not on the top wall?
they rubbed on the inside of the fire wall kind of where the fire wall has the curve down and it goes flat.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
hi there !!

I got 205/50zr15 pirelli and they do not grind in front but when i hit a bump... the back hits a little on the edge of the wing.. about a quarter inch inside... nothing bad but im gonna grind that part off... then im gonna put 195/50-15... most of this change is to get the proper wheel ratio...

K

·
0 Posts
90' Sentra Rims

Right now I have Konig 16's with Dunlop racing tires. My friend has 19's on his 89', so I now they will fit. you just have to set the springs in place when you get the rims. I lowered my car a little and had spring brackets to hold it in place so they dont hit the wheel well on turns.

·
Registered
292 Posts
if you get the right offset of the rim you can go pretty big i dont see much point and going bigger than 17 though unless your going for show totaly.

its all about the wieght of the wheel... you can get 16's thatll be lighter than stock 13's..

mine are pretty heavy but i dont loose to much cosidering the car isnt blazing fast to begin with.

I started with 205/50/R16 and they rubed a little in the rear but not much. then i went to 205/40/r16 and they dont rub now .. they did b4 when my struts wernt new but i put kybs on and now its stiff and doesnt rub inthe front or rear.

plus at 62$ a tire its not that bad anymore. I also have a 2" drop

i would say 16's look good and perform good there a good medium between 15's which i do beleive would be the best for the car and 17's which would just look so bad ass... :)

Z

·
0 Posts
i'm running on 185/65/r14 on the stock nissan 14 rims. I've looked at many 15's and 16's, but i'm going to need to weight loss for speed next spring so i'm looking for a very good set of 15's. What's the brands everyone in here's been running good with for 15's?

Z

·
0 Posts
has anyone here dealt much with offset rims? or does anyone have a bit of good information to work with towards the b12 chassis and offset rims?
i'm looking at both the pro's and con's of inner offset and outer offset.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The steering isn't that great even with OEM............can't get any worst..................I want a 205 on 14x6 but worry it's too wide and may touch the strut.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just put my rims on mine for the first time. tires are 195/55/15 and there's no rubbing at all. just so u guys know.

R

·
0 Posts
is your car lowered? when I had 195/50/15 on mine they rubbed when I turned and hit a bump. maybe it was just mine tho. muh car was lowered..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts