Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the Skyline so heavy? Is it the engine, suspension, made of lead, what?

·
Registered
205 Posts
You have to remember that they are 4WD. So that means transfer case, front driveshaft, front axles etc. They also have 4 wheel steering and they are a 2+2 sedan. So there is a lot of stuff. I think pound for pound they are pretty fast!

My R32 weighs 3440 with driver and a 1/2 tank of fuel, so it's not that heavy.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talk about puggy sportscar!

I had a 90 300TT it weighed ~3450 LBs. Anyways the chasis has to be rigid enough to handle the power and outside of carbon fiber-they get heavy. Also, hightech accessories, i.e. Hicas, turbochargers and all pluming etc.. add on weight quickly. However, RX7s weigh around 2800 LBs and in stock form 255 HP are very potent to get. But rotaries require TLC i.e. oil changes every 1500 miles because they naturally burn oil.

·
Registered
90 Posts
the skyline engine is smaller at 2.6L compared to a VG30 in a 300
now imagine this. An rb26dett cramed in a 300 i think that would be fun

·
Registered
90 Posts
i havent heard of it. not saying it hasnt been done or i dont believe you. i think it would be a cool project for someone with time and money. damnn just counted myyself out twice . oh well

·
Registered
90 Posts
well theres your answer to your legality problem now to find your car. tell me exactly what you want and i'll see what i can do

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well I'm not going to get one right now. But when I do get one I'll just look at some sites that I know of. I'll probly be getting it about this time next year but ya never know I could get it earlier.

·
Registered
90 Posts
cool. i just found out that my brother-in-law is getting stationed in japan for 3 years. (he's in the airforce) JDM here i come

1 - 20 of 22 Posts