Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am beyond pissed:mad: !!! I have taken my car back to the dealer four times because of Mass Air Sensor problems. The problem is that when my car idles the rpm's drop from 1000 to like 200 until it finally stalls. People might argue that it is because of the AEM CAI that I put on my car but, It started doing it before I even put it on and after I put it on. It has stopped doing it for about 2 months so I'll leave it at that. Nissan needs to get their ass working on a new and improved Mass Air Sensor or those after market companies. I hope NISMO makes a correctional part!!!!!:eek: !! Whenever they decide to get down to the U.S.

·
Registered
369 Posts
VTEC_THIS said:
I am beyond pissed:mad: !!! I have taken my car back to the dealer four times because of Mass Air Sensor problems. The problem is that when my car idles the rpm's drop from 1000 to like 200 until it finally stalls. People might argue that it is because of the AEM CAI that I put on my car but, It started doing it before I even put it on and after I put it on. It has stopped doing it for about 2 months so I'll leave it at that. Nissan needs to get their ass working on a new and improved Mass Air Sensor or those after market companies. I hope NISMO makes a correctional part!!!!!:eek: !! Whenever they decide to get down to the U.S.
I had my maf go bad and it cost me alot of money because I was out of town. Here's what I would do 1) put your stock intake back on 2) go to a different dealership and file a claim. Also if you maf is acting up its usually due to vibration or some kind of fluid(oil, water,ect) getting on the sensor which is pretty hard to do. good luck;)

·
0 Posts
VTEC_THIS said:
same prob. here!!!! i made an appointment at the dealer to have thatchecked out....wtf Nissan??? wuts up wit dat?

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
Re: Re: Mass Air Sensor

cortrim1 said:
Also if you maf is acting up its usually due to vibration or some kind of fluid(oil, water,ect) getting on the sensor which is pretty hard to do. good luck;)
That's what I normally hear that happens to a lot of people's MAF too. I would definitely go ahead and reinstall my stock intake and take it in and see what's up. ;) Maybe even make it to a different dealership, if possible. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts