Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey
im trying to remove the stock air intake box from my 240sx. The problem is that i only had the cone with me and i wanted to know if the "MAF conversion has a different name in stores?" I want to by it but nobody seems to have it. can i get it at a motor-parts place or do i need to get it at a performance parts place? (how much$$$$)

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
What do you mean by "MAF converion"? Are you talking about changing the Stock MAF for a Z32, R3X, or cobra MAF?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no... what im saying is that im trying to take out the stock air filter box and put a cone. But i heard that you need some coversion because of the MAF sensor on the stock air box. i try just putting in the cone and it was weard cuz the motor started to have a low throtel and shake a lot. I just want to remove the box.

·
Registered
54 Posts
all you need is a filter adapter plate. i had this problem with my rx7 turbo II. i'm not sure if that is what they call it but just go to an A&A and explain to them what your trying to do. make sure you tell them that your MAF is connected to your air box. good luck.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think all he's talking about is the adapter plate to put a cone filter on his MAF.
Your MAF has a 4 bolt flange on one side instead of a tube, like the other side. Just go to any Autozone or Kragen, the adapters are hanging next to the filters.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
No, I don't think that's what he's talking about. You don't have to mess with the MAF, but the IAT is in the stock box. I just dangled that into the intake line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
vpc

if u take out your maf in other cars like my supra u just get a vpc, or u go get a motec and get thier air sensor and never worry about a maf again

·
Registered
347 Posts
dragR240sx said:
hey
im trying to remove the stock air intake box from my 240sx. The problem is that i only had the cone with me and i wanted to know if the "MAF conversion has a different name in stores?" I want to by it but nobody seems to have it. can i get it at a motor-parts place or do i need to get it at a performance parts place? (how much$$$$)
You can get the Adapter plate on Ebay, PDM racing, Enjuku Racing or just about any other Nissan Aftermarket site...
Hope this clears the Muck.. :thumbup:

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
bridrive55 said:
No, I don't think that's what he's talking about. You don't have to mess with the MAF, but the IAT is in the stock box. I just dangled that into the intake line.
Nevermind, if you need the cone adapter, just go on EBay. That's where I got mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts