Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot online about the window problems people have when they try to roll it up, as I also have the same problem. I can tell that the weatherstripping inside is worn and tearing, but it seems hard for my hands to fit inside and replace it. Couple people said that Nissan had a "silent recall" for this problem. Has anyone been able to get this recall done? And if so, where? Cause with the luck I've been having at Nissan dealerships, I'm afraid they wouldn't know if there really was a recall and make me pay for it.

Thanks

C-mo
91' SE-R

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
I think the operative word about the recall is 'had'. After all, the car is over ten years old, and going, and going...:)

I would take this as an oportunity to upgrade. Upgrade the speakers to aftermarket, Upgrade the window crank handles to the billet SE-R ones.
And while you're in there... replace the worn window parts. Doing it yourself is cheaper and much more satisfying.:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
what billet crank handles are you speaking of? this is the first I have heard of them.

brent meints

·
Fearsome Fabricator
213 Posts
cmotek24 said:
I've read a lot online about the window problems people have when they try to roll it up, as I also have the same problem.
Try adjusting the middle brace inside the door. There are two bolts you can loosen and slide the brace forward or back to make it slide more freely.

Brace is probably not the right term - I did this a year ago and it's been fine since, but I can't remember the details. *old age*

Greg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha... ok. I'll try the "middle brace". I was going to mess around with it, but I noticed a lot of putty-thingy around it. I'll do it anyways. Peace!

C-Mo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts