Nissan Forum banner

Manual Transmission Issues

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  McLaren F1 2003 
#1 ·
heh, those of you that know me, know that my car is a piece of crap.

here is the new "somethings wrong with mclaren's car" thread:

out of the blue monday, my car got really hard to shift into any gear above second. the only smooth shifting now is: anything to neutral, 1st to 2nd, and reverse. 2nd to 3rd sucks and 3rd to 4th sucks and 3rd to 2nd sucks

i thought maybe my synchros were going, so i tried to revmatch. sometimes it works, most of the time it doesnt. sometimes when i try to go from 2nd to 3rd, i try to push it into 3rd and nothing, when i let up off the clutch it grinds. i have to put it into neutral, drop the clutch. push the pedal again and try to put it back into 3rd and it works sometimes. sometimes if i speed shift into 3rd and 4th, sometimes it goes right in.

sometimes i have to try to previous method AND revmatch on top of that. its getting really annoying.

i was doing some reading, and it led me to believe that some bushings are bad, or my shifting fork is bent.

i dont think my clutch is bad. no slipping or nothing and it catches fine.

i dunno whats wrong with my p.o.s. car, and im getting tired of it. my car will be paid of next month, so i could get a new car. but i dont want monthly payments for another 4 or 5 years, so thats out of the question.

thanks for all the help you guys can give me...

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
could bad motor/transmission mounts also cause this problem? i now get a weird vibration when i reverse and when i step on it a little in third gear theres a loud thunk and some wheel hop, as if the whole engine is moving...

Discussion starter · #7 ·
this just in...something in my tranny blew and now its stuck in second gear. the stick is in neutral, but its stuck in second gear...

new plan now...if i can actually do it, is to drive to another state and buy an se-r

im sick of this pos...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.