Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading in a post someone saying that you can get a 5-speed sr20de tranny for 450. where from a junkyard or something? a 5 speed ga16de tranny should be even cheaper right? what i'm getting to is that I am really serious about doing a auto-manual swap next summer (when i get up the funds for every thing and get mods more important to me done) technically i can get it done labor-wise for free in my auto tech class. but the thing that is stopping me is the cost of a tranny. I don't really want a junkyard tranny unless i can get some proof that it is in good condition or not. I know i'm going to need more than just a tranny but also the manual ecu, clutch linkage, acutal clutch petal, brake petal from a manual, the little plate thingy around the shifter and a flywheel but i do trust those parts from a junkyard since its pretty hard for those to be messed up in a way you cant just look at and tell (minus ecu) and i plan on doing it right from the start and putting on polyeurethane bushings, short throw from the start mainly to make shifting easier since it has been so long since i drove a manual i need to get the feel back

·
Registered
466 Posts
I got my tranny (for the auto to manual swap) from a fellow forum member for $150, that did an SR20DET swap. That included all the braces, bolts, and flywheel. That would be the best way to get a tranny.

Just keep a look out, you should be able to find one for reasonable.

Oh, you don't need the manual ECU, though. The auto one works just fine w/ the manual trans. Won't work the other way around though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts