Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing all three camshaft position sensors either tonight or tomorrow. Never done this before. Looking for advice or a diagram on how to do this correctly. I have purchased two uppers & 1 lower cam position sensor. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Nissan said this is something we can do ourselves with little or no issues....Is it true I will need to get Nissan to 'reset' so the error code disappears??????? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
you can download the manual from nissanhelp.com The engine control is the manual for the camshaft sensor info. It shows where it's located also. Page EC-344 is the starting page. the engine mechanical shows the position, which is part of the timing chain removal procedure. EM-24 has the best picture of the sensor positions. I hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cam Sensors replaced!!!! No issues. Now looking to strip outer truck in preparation of body job this week....Has anyone every removed their rear windshield wiper & motor??? I will be doing so as it doesn't work anyways...too much to replace. Nissan symbol was removed by previous owner & will be put back on @ the same time. Lots of jobs yet to do on this truck before it meets my standards...LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts