Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a Manual Boost Control into my 1984 300zx. I want to know where the best place would be to feed the tube through the firewall, or would i have to do some drilling (which i dont want to do). thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
look for the grommet that protects the accelerator cable. you can easily poke a hole thru it and reseal it easily with silicone.

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
I am installing a Manual Boost Control into my 1984 300zx. I want to know where the best place would be to feed the tube through the firewall, or would i have to do some drilling (which i dont want to do). thank you
You don't. A manual boost controller (actually, all boost controllers) should have the shortest amount of tubing possible. This means mounting it on the driver side strut tower. Anything farther away is potential for boost leaks, spiking, and other problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i understand how the manual boost control isnt suppose to go inside the car but i wanted to make it go in and sit under my dash. I am pretty lazy and i thought it would be better if i could change the boost without getting out

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
yeah i understand how the manual boost control isnt suppose to go inside the car but i wanted to make it go in and sit under my dash. I am pretty lazy and i thought it would be better if i could change the boost without getting out
Then buy an electronic boost controller.

Besides. How often do you think you'll be playing with the boost setting? Set it for what you want max boost you'll ever plan on running and then control boost with your right foot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Electronic is the way to go if you're thinking of adjusting it from inside the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i decided that im am going to mount it to the left front tower and set it at 10 psi. i wont need to change it ever and when i do i will just lift the hood no problem. i would like to get a electronic boost control in the future

1 - 9 of 9 Posts