Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am new to the GA, i previously had a 91 240sx with a KA-T.. I was wondering how to make some kinda power out of my GA!!?? I know what you all are all about to say.. Boost, right? ok thats a possibility, but what can i possibly do before that to make any type of power? Also I have noticed that it seems that there is not alot of parts out there for the GA, so I was wondering where you all got yours... If you have any ideads please help... thanks

Nick

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
we use hotshot, they make a header and cold air intake for our engine with the greatest power gain. stromung makes the best exhaust or you can get a shop to make you one with a magnaflo muffler. also we have a timing advance trick. and JWT (jim wolf technology) makes some cams as well.

for the rest you are going to have to search :cheers: use the key words i gave you and go to town. make sure to search in the ga16 section

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1.6pete said:
we use hotshot, they make a header and cold air intake for our engine with the greatest power gain. stromung makes the best exhaust or you can get a shop to make you one with a magnaflo muffler. also we have a timing advance trick. and JWT (jim wolf technology) makes some cams as well.

for the rest you are going to have to search :cheers: use the key words i gave you and go to town. make sure to search in the ga16 section
Thanks.. With all that can you give me an estimated amount of power gain?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Nismo GA16 said:
Thanks.. With all that can you give me an estimated amount of power gain?
i sure can!

read the entire www.sentra.net site topic to topic! if you have any questions after that, please post, we will be more than happy to answer them. (but read that site first ;) )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nismo GA16 said:
Ok I am new to the GA, i previously had a 91 240sx with a KA-T.. I was wondering how to make some kinda power out of my GA!!?? I know what you all are all about to say.. Boost, right? ok thats a possibility, but what can i possibly do before that to make any type of power? Also I have noticed that it seems that there is not alot of parts out there for the GA, so I was wondering where you all got yours... If you have any ideads please help... thanks

Nick
Hey, these guys got the hotshot an strgone (or whatever its called) but on my sentra I got a Flowmaster exhaust with dual outlets on one side. Sure it has a loud idle ( when it idles i can hear it in house ) but it is a 1.6L with a really throaty sound. It sounds nice though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
thats good. mine does the same also without a cat. other mods you can do is get an se-r 60mm throttle body,tighten the throttle cable a little for response, good lubricants (water wetter,mobile 1) a nice tune-up with ngk plugs, maybe throw in an msd 6a ignition, if you dont want a jwt ecu, get an apexi s-afc. this stuff will not cost you alot. oh put 93 octane also (its a must)

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
tony200 said:
thats good. mine does the same also without a cat. other mods you can do is get an se-r 60mm throttle body,tighten the throttle cable a little for response, good lubricants (water wetter,mobile 1) a nice tune-up with ngk plugs, maybe throw in an msd 6a ignition, if you dont want a jwt ecu, get an apexi s-afc. this stuff will not cost you alot. oh put 93 octane also (its a must)

Don't throw out the SE-R TB so loosely, it will ot work on the B14 cars without serious modification...

·
Registered
258 Posts
wes, what kind of modification do i needto fit the sr20 throttle body? i have it laying around in the garage but havent had time putting it on.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
tony200 said:
wes, what kind of modification do i needto fit the sr20 throttle body? i have it laying around in the garage but havent had time putting it on.
Honestly there are more posts on this subject if you search, I will give you the basics.

The SR20TB bolts right on, however the B14 GA16 TB has both the FICD and IACV built in to the throttle body. You will need to eliminate the FICD and remotely locate the FICD by getting one from an SE-R or B13 or cutting off the one on your 1.6 TB. It is rather involved for a mod. that does not make a ton of power. I would only do this if your going forced induction otherwise I'd just bore out your stock TB.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts