Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i only seem to get it when i nail it flat out like at the pod last weekend she completely cuts fuel or somethin. i changed the plugs and that cured it for the days racin. but now problem has returned. i have changed the coil packs thinkin it was them. dont think its the plugs coz the guy i got them off had no problems with them and only 200 miles old. any help is appreciated. i have no probelms under normal drivin its just when i race it keeps cuttin something

·
Registered
319 Posts
How did your plugs look when you took em out? Did it seem like there is a voltage spike or something and its causing a spark problem? Is it in all cylinders? If you have a Ka, I believe there isn't only one coil pack as well. Like it works under regular driving but at WOT it cuts out? Maybe something with your TPS as well, I'd put a voltage meter across it and check out if its working properly. I guess your fuel pump too might wanna check out. Also, on my aftermarket battery connectors, my positive wasn't making contact and forcing my car not to start. Maybe the sudden shift of the car is throwing something barely out of wack, maybe make sure your battery is tied down tightly too. Seems easy enough but man sometimes the easy stuff is the hardest to find!

·
Registered
18 Posts
TOP Secret sx said:
i only seem to get it when i nail it flat out like at the pod last weekend she completely cuts fuel or somethin. i changed the plugs and that cured it for the days racin. but now problem has returned. i have changed the coil packs thinkin it was them. dont think its the plugs coz the guy i got them off had no problems with them and only 200 miles old. any help is appreciated. i have no probelms under normal drivin its just when i race it keeps cuttin something

that sounds almost cirtainly like the Fuel Cut Defender when boost reches more than 15psi the ecu cuts the fuel to avoid detonation norris designs sell 2 items that will deal with the problem one is £100 and one is £150 the also sell parts to allow for a lot more boost but it starts to get expensive then :cheers: (www.norrisdesigns.com)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts