Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I changed my main seal out about 6 months ago. Today, at idle the car is leaking oil majorly from behind the crank. If I left it idle for 30 minutes or less it would be dry. I am guessing it's the seal. I have a huge puddle of oil on the drive way when it sits idle. Anything else I should look for? Car seems to run perfectly fine. The leak also seems to go away when driving.

Jason

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
maybe its moved, mine was not very tight in the bore, and i had to remove the first one and insert another new one.

The Nissan seal was wider than the auto parts store seal and almost the same price.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe its moved, mine was not very tight in the bore, and i had to remove the first one and insert another new one.

The Nissan seal was wider than the auto parts store seal and almost the same price.
Really weird. But it does leak a ton and it's coming from that area. Should I get one from nissan? What's the part number? How long did your first one last?

Jason

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Really weird. But it does leak a ton and it's coming from that area. Should I get one from nissan? What's the part number? How long did your first one last?

Jason
yes i think so...

5 minutes !!!
Had to go get a second one as it twisted in the bore and went to far.
when i pulled it out i would not use it because of nicks.
Nissan one is on my bench ... will go get part number for you.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this is whats on the bag.

Seal - Oil Crank

13510-10Y13

good Luck....

this is whats on the web

[13042] SEAL-OIL,CRANKSHAFT FRONT
13510-B14U001

CourtesyParts :: [13042] SEAL-OIL,CRANKSHAFT FRONT - Sentra / 200SX (B14U) 1995-03/1998 1.6L

$6.61
Ordered one last night, so hopefully it will be here before the weekend. I remember changing the seal when I first got the car. Guess it's been nearly 2 years. Was hoping it would last the life of the car. Oh well, least it's easy to do and just takes my time.

Jason

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well this is whats on the bag.

Seal - Oil Crank

13510-10Y13

good Luck....

this is whats on the web

[13042] SEAL-OIL,CRANKSHAFT FRONT
13510-B14U001

CourtesyParts :: [13042] SEAL-OIL,CRANKSHAFT FRONT - Sentra / 200SX (B14U) 1995-03/1998 1.6L

$6.61

Got the new seal in today. Weird thing is, it hasn't been leaking all week but that's what it did before. Guess I'll do it again before winter. Off topic, but did you read the post were the guy has 553k on his motor? How many seals did he go through? lol. Anyway, do you think it's possible I put to much oil in that caused this? I think I was a quart over last time.

Jason

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
i didn't see any connection to overfilling, the Oil change places overfilled mine all the time.
It did however leak one week when it was cold last winter, then it quit all on its own and didn't come back.
yes 553k, that's really good, didn't he say he put a new motor in it at 450k or something. amazing the 1.6 will last that long.
I also read some guys say they have never replaced that seal in 200k + miles....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i didn't see any connection to overfilling, the Oil change places overfilled mine all the time.
It did however leak one week when it was cold last winter, then it quit all on its own and didn't come back.
yes 553k, that's really good, didn't he say he put a new motor in it at 450k or something. amazing the 1.6 will last that long.
I also read some guys say they have never replaced that seal in 200k + miles....
Yeah, that's what he said. That's the weird thing, it stop on it's own. I might chance it for a while and see what happens. Really weird. This car has it issues, it's not pretty, it's not fast, and you have to fix minor things once in a while, but overall it runs perfect and will last a long time. I got my bang for buck at $1,000 with 135k on it. (too bad it's automatic)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts