Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I slapped on and tried out my friends CAI on my car. My baby sputtered and then died. It keeps doing this while the CAI is in. Stock air box is ok no problems. My friend thinks it may be my MAF adapter. Maf is letting too much air into the TB and the engine just can't handle it. Anyone have these problems? How did you resolve it? I was thinking of using an MAF from another Nissan. Possibly Maxima, 240 or maybe a DET Maf. Has anyone done this? Was it a direct bolt on or was there any rework? I tried doing a search on this subject and there were a few but still more insight would help me out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup checked all that. All was tight and the MAF was plugged in... :(

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
Stock air box is ok no problems.
IS ok, as in you put it back in and all works.
or
WAS ok before you took it off?

What brand CAI?
Any Pics?

Stupid question but, the MAF isn't backwards is it?

I was thinking of using an MAF from another Nissan. Possibly Maxima, 240 or maybe a DET Maf. Has anyone done this? Was it a direct bolt on or was there any rework?
If you change to a completely different engined vehicle MAF, you need to reprogram your ecu. The MAF will not be calibrated to the maps in the ecu.
IIRC, the sr20 MAF changed from 98 to 99+ models, so an early sr20 maf wouldn't work either.
Just swapping any old MAF in to see if that fixes the problem won't work. A different MAF by itself gives no performance gain.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, All was put back to OEM specs, OEM box air filter and everything. That is how I am running it now. When I put the CAI just the 1st peice and kept it warm air set up and hooked everything up, tight and in all the right direction it sputtered and died. We tried this several times before we decided to put it back to OEM specs again.

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
Does your se have that boost sensor that showed up on newer ca emmission nissans? I only saw it on a display car at the dealer, but I think it was mounted on the airbox.

What brand is the CAI?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Boost sensor and I think it was a CAI he made himself.

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
I would inspect the intake tube for leak posibilities in the construction.
How did you attach the three hoses to the tube?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the stock connections. Do you think there might be something wrong there? Hmmmm you are making me think now. I'm gonna check it out again this evening. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts