Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search and found a post about the following problem but not solution. The car starts and immediately dies when the maf is connected. When the maf is disconnected it runs, but lean and revs only to 3000. Checked the voltage readouts for the maf and everything seems to be testing out. Bad ecu? someone help please!

·
Registered
37 Posts
no its the maf, i had the same problem (voltage and everything) with my corvette, replaced maf and problem solved. then again that was a gm, but it stands to reason in my mind that it would be the same even though we are talking about a nissan. so thats where i would start, replace the maf they are cheap anyways.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
l7in6k said:
I've done a search and found a post about the following problem but not solution. The car starts and immediately dies when the maf is connected. When the maf is disconnected it runs, but lean and revs only to 3000. Checked the voltage readouts for the maf and everything seems to be testing out. Bad ecu? someone help please!
Try turning the MAF the other way around. It's a long shot, but may solve the problem.

Lew

·
Registered
272 Posts
i had the same exact problem with my 240 sr20...found out my cam sensor was messed up and my throttle position was a little weird..i took it to a shop and they fixed it

·
Registered
67 Posts
ckykm said:
i had the same exact problem with my 240 sr20...found out my cam sensor was messed up and my throttle position was a little weird..i took it to a shop and they fixed it
put a crap load of dielectric grease on the connection. it might just not be getting enough voltage through the connection. Just a thought.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thats wierd, i dont have a maf on my sr20det and instead i use a EVC (Electrontic Valve controller) and i'm having the same problem, it wouldnt rev over 3k then, checked the wires and had 2 of them backwards, switched them and it reved out, so i reset the fuel and spark curves on my emanage to start re-tuningand did the same thing again. so now i dont know what is causing it. anyone here use an EVC?

·
Registered
37 Posts
tjgtr said:
thats wierd, i dont have a maf on my sr20det and instead i use a EVC (Electrontic Valve controller) anyone here use an EVC?
are you sure you dont mean VPC (vein pressure converter)? Dont mean to question you its just that I have never heard of an EVC making calculations for air flow from a MAP sensor (that is what you have since you dont have a MAF right? or maybe there is something new i havent heard of that measures airflow) I dont mean to sound like an ass, its just that I truely have no idea what you are talking about........then again i am a n00b.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok i'm a noob also, and i just did some research and your right, and now i'm very confused. VPC is what i ment, just didnt know it, got them mixed up, its been a stressfull week. Trying to get this damn thing going again. I'm new to sr20's and f/i so anyone please feel free to correct me when i'm wrong. And the reason i'm confused is cus for some reason we kept thinking it was my EVC, when we really should have been looking at the VPC. sorry long story. Would a problem with my EVC cause the same type of problems?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts