Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the clutch out of my 93 hardbody cuz it was having problems shifting into gear, and felt as if it wasnt fully releasing when I depressed the clutch pedal and tried shifting into first. ( just grinded ).

Anyway, there were broken springs and stuff in there. the throw out bearing practically fell apart when I took it out. It was in pretty bad shape... I looked at the clutch disk and pressure plate and saw that it was a Luk brand ( made in south africa it said )

I'm just trying to figure out some opinions of others who may know the difference in quality between Luk and Fenco. I've tried to look up reviews online and couldnt find any. Fenco is the brand I'm putting in and was just curious. Its made in canada. Not that it matters or anything.

just looking for opinions:idhitit:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No opinions anyone???

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So are you saying that the Luk brand clutch is the one nissan installs in these trucks at the factory??????????

I need to know.:wtf:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody??? :eek:

·
Registered
706 Posts
So are you saying that the Luk brand clutch is the one nissan installs in these trucks at the factory??????????

I need to know.:wtf:
No that's not what I said...Luks is a good brand, but Nissan's brand is top notch for everyday use. I don't know exactly what your intentions are...perhaps a top fuel Z24I or Road Racing @ The Willows.. or Maybe just cruisin down your local BLVD....if you feel like your wallet is a bit too heavy to keep carrying around, then purchase a Clutch kit (Clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing) from your friendly stealership....Any Questions????:jump:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just lookin to use for stock application. Maybe occasional offroading.
Just trying to find out any negatives or positives between the two brands.

Havent dealt much with clutches.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I appreciate all of you guy's input. Thanx alot :woowoo:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts