Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where to put this.. "car care" is the closest. I'm getting some Mag-Lites.. right now i have some Konig GT-Rs.. and i know nobody is gonna jack those.. but i'm getting these now.. and who knows? Really don't see Mag-lites around at all, so maybe they'r enot as cool as i think they are.. but just a prevantative measure.. any recommendations on what to get.. as far as lug nuts.. i've heard people say getting different kinds from differnet brands... if any body has any cool tips for me, they'd be appreciated,

Uni
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Hmmm, yah, me my bud were thinking the same thing. We decided an alarm system was best. Especially if you are worried about getting your headlights jacked aswell.
 

·
Wise Cracker
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
Uni said:
I didn't know where to put this.. "car care" is the closest. I'm getting some Mag-Lites.. right now i have some Konig GT-Rs.. and i know nobody is gonna jack those.. but i'm getting these now.. and who knows? Really don't see Mag-lites around at all, so maybe they'r enot as cool as i think they are.. but just a prevantative measure.. any recommendations on what to get.. as far as lug nuts.. i've heard people say getting different kinds from differnet brands... if any body has any cool tips for me, they'd be appreciated,

Uni
I would do a search for the koyokugen or motuki brand lug nuts. They are light weight lugs that come with a key that is specific to that brand. While they are not LOCKS per se they are proprietary so the thief would have to have the key for that brand...

I have owned both and they are nice. The only thing you MUST NEVER DO is try and use the KEY for these brands with an impact....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wes said:
I would do a search for the koyokugen or motuki brand lug nuts. They are light weight lugs that come with a key that is specific to that brand. While they are not LOCKS per se they are proprietary so the thief would have to have the key for that brand...

I have owned both and they are nice. The only thing you MUST NEVER DO is try and use the KEY for these brands with an impact....
Thank you Wes,

I've heard bad things about Koyokugen.. about stripped bolts.. but i guess it'z 'cuz of what you said,

Uni
 

·
Wise Cracker
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
Uni said:
Thank you Wes,

I've heard bad things about Koyokugen.. about stripped bolts.. but i guess it'z 'cuz of what you said,

Uni
I would have to agree. I had them for 4+ years and I do about 16-18 autocrosses a year and I swap wheels at EVERY event. Never had an issue. The KEY is what actually strips if you use an impact, not the lug.

I did switch to the motuki's as someone wanted to trade for my koyokugen's and I like them a little beter due to the fact that they have grooves that align with the key.
 

·
What is Seven Ten for?
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
yeah, and also the key will start to mushroom as well.

BTW, "general" would probably been the best for you :)
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top