Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 V6 4X4 Frontier Crew Cab and the service manual says to lubricate the drive shaft. However, when I crawl under there I can only find 1 grease fitting and it's in the middle of the front drive shaft. Has anyone else done this service? It seems kind of strange to have the grease fitting in the middle of the drive shaft and why would the service manual say to lube it if there's nowhere to lube it at.

Thanks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 2004 V6 4X4 Frontier Crew Cab and the service manual says to lubricate the drive shaft. However, when I crawl under there I can only find 1 grease fitting and it's in the middle of the front drive shaft. Has anyone else done this service? It seems kind of strange to have the grease fitting in the middle of the drive shaft and why would the service manual say to lube it if there's nowhere to lube it at.

Thanks.
Just grease what you can, the slip joints count too on a driveshaft. When it comes time to replace the u joints, make sure the replacements have zerk fittings. If there is no zerk fitting on the present u joints, you can't service them. It never hurts to look underneath anyway. Happy trails!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts