Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nissan Fanatic since 1999
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember either in a magazine or a forum but has anyone herd of this. For some reason I want to say that someone wanted to try a QR18 head on a GA16 Engine. Can someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Banned
809 Posts
haha.. true.. i mean, you would get VVL.. please dont call it LSVtech.. thats what happens when you put a GSR head on a LS block.... ok.. it would be like.. GAVVL instead ok..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think you could swap components from different engines with eachother. I didn't think it was possible to swap a QG head onto a GA block. The same with SR's. I just didn't think you could interchange their parts, but maybe I'm wrong.

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
i believe all the same series engine parts are interchangeable...i dont know if a QG would fit on a GA. however, from visual inspection the port sizes and location of the QG seem to be very similar to the GA.

also, if u wanna run an LS block with a vtec head u need machine work done to the head or one of our spacers as in the pics

it would be a good idea if someone has a spare ga block and qg head to experiment and determine if they match up or not. it could possibly make additional power....hybrid engine:)

·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about all the mislead information, but it seems like you all knew what i meant. Thanx for all the information.

·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I found it. It was the QR25 and the SR20, damn. It was found in Sports Compact Car, it was the one with the Skyline on it, "Street Racing In L.A."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts