Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up? I have a 98 sentra with an SR20 motor and I would like to know if i could put an LSD from a 200sx or the newer model sentras?
where can i find one?
Would i have any problem doing this?
How much would it cost?
Would it work as good?
Thanx..:D
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
SeRbabe22 said:
Whats up? I have a 98 sentra with an SR20 motor and I would like to know if i could put an LSD from a 200sx or the newer model sentras?
where can i find one?
Would i have any problem doing this?
How much would it cost?
Would it work as good?
Thanx..:D
The 98 has a completly different tranny so the LSD wil not interchange. The 98 tranny is stronger though and its worth keeping.

I recomend getting a Phantom Grip LSD unit. We have been having good luck with them. It is also quite inexpensive and easy to install compared to changing differentials which require shimming the case for bearing clearance.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
You could also get the Nismo diff that is a drop in for the 98 Tranny but requires more installation expertise from what Mike is saying, plus it will cost 3 times as much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
does anyone know how expensive/complicated it would be to switch from a viscous limited slip to an helical limited slip?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
shaolin_racer said:
does anyone know how expensive/complicated it would be to switch from a viscous limited slip to an helical limited slip?
The hard part is finding one.
 

·
Smth Crmnl,not therapist
Joined
·
852 Posts
If you guys are in cali, I'm sure that SR20Development (the people who brought to Mossy the 500 hp se-r that burned out all crazy,) install Nismo and Quaife LSD's or so it says on the site. It's about 800 for the Nismo and 995 for the Quaife if I remember right. Hope I've been of help.

BTW: www.sr20development.com (just in case you didn't know)
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
98sr20ve said:
You could also get the Nismo diff that is a drop in for the 98 Tranny but requires more installation expertise from what Mike is saying, plus it will cost 3 times as much.
The Nismo diff won't fit in a 98, its for the 91-97 tranny.

Mike
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
shaolin_racer said:
cant we order a helical lsd from nissan? i thought they were in the spec v.
Thats a whole bigger tranny and it won't fit.

Mike
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
vodkapwrsr20 said:
If you guys are in cali, I'm sure that SR20Development (the people who brought to Mossy the 500 hp se-r that burned out all crazy,) install Nismo and Quaife LSD's or so it says on the site. It's about 800 for the Nismo and 995 for the Quaife if I remember right. Hope I've been of help.

BTW: www.sr20development.com (just in case you didn't know)
The quaife diff has been discontinued.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
morepower2 said:
The Nismo diff won't fit in a 98, its for the 91-97 tranny.

Mike
My understanding is that they made two. The first for VSLD tranny's is part # 38420RS365, The second is for non-vlsd tranny's part # 38420RS360. I actually talked to Nissan Motorsports about the non-vsld tranny and they said it would work fine in my 98. The weird part is that you responded to my cries of anguish on se-r.list about the quaife disapearing and suggested this option. I later found a used quaife (paid big money) bought a 97 tranny and I am very happy.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top