Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
bridrive55 said:
No, 200SX is FWD.
u want to say that 200SX is a front well drive car?
LSD= limited sleep diferential?

i have a 200SX RS13 and it is a rear weel drive (traction is on the rear weels) i do not have a LSD i have an open diferential, but i'll do a swap soon with one from a 200SX S14

something about diff:
"Stock LSDs are indeed viscous. They are better than an open diff but no where near as good as a clutch diff."

i'm traing to find, a list that i saw few days ago with diff from some Nissan and how can they be used from one model to other, http://www.sxoc.com/ from here i got the link to that page

PS:i hope i did not said any thing stupid

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Kato said:
Outside of the US, the 240sx (2.4L) is usually know as the 200sx (2.0L) (or Silvia in Japan) or 180sx...maybe some confusion here...

Jedijed, what country are you in?
Yeah, I'm not familiar with European Domestic Market car lines... However, I'm pretty sure any R200 diff will bolt in...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just learned a lot, here is more specific info

Alright so I am in the U.S. I have a 240sx s13, the car that my brother has is a 200sx us spec I believe that it is an 87 or 88. It is a different body style but is turbo rear wheel drive. I just want to know if the rear ends are inter changable and it sounds liket hey are, which is great. Does anyone have a definate aswer? Other wise I can just see if it fits.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
jedijed said:
Alright so I am in the U.S. I have a 240sx s13, the car that my brother has is a 200sx us spec I believe that it is an 87 or 88. It is a different body style but is turbo rear wheel drive. I just want to know if the rear ends are inter changable and it sounds liket hey are, which is great. Does anyone have a definate aswer? Other wise I can just see if it fits.
I'm pretty sure the easiest way to do it would not be to swap in an S12 rearend, but rather just the differential itself. You may also need different half-shafts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts