Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a donor h233b with a lsd in mind for 100 bucks. I would need to put my ring and pinion into that rearend to be geared correctly. Now i will admit that ive never shimed or alligned ring and pinion gears so i dont know if i can or how much it will cost on top of the 100 dollars. Lockrite is fairly inexpensive, and seems like less of a headache. I must make a descision soon or the donor will be gone.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Why do you want the extra traction?
Does the vehicle see a lot of street time?
If so, Will you drive it in a lot of winter weather?
How much Horsepower are you running?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have a donor h233b with a lsd in mind for 100 bucks. I would need to put my ring and pinion into that rearend to be geared correctly. Now i will admit that ive never shimed or alligned ring and pinion gears so i dont know if i can or how much it will cost on top of the 100 dollars. Lockrite is fairly inexpensive, and seems like less of a headache. I must make a descision soon or the donor will be gone.
To have someone who knows how to install ring and pinion would probably be around $100. It'll take about 1/2 an hour to install. If you don't know how, don't attempt it, you may end up spending more money than you need to. You may end up binding the gears and cracking something.

I'd go with Lockrite, most off roaders would install lockers than limited slip.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good info, just around stock hp (bolt ons) and I bomb around town all the time and love to drive so i need driveability. how will the lockrite work on the road. does it really make noise when you turn?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts