Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that the nx2000 has lsd... but what about the 1.6?
how can i tell if it has lsd, (i have a really bad clutch at the moment, stock and on 130,00km) so doing a little burn out only kills my clutch more, where do i look on the chasie to find out?
also, what does VLSD mean/do compared to LSD?
thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sazbot said:
how can i tell if it has lsd
The NX1600 does not have a LSD. You can check the manual for confirmation of that.

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
Sazbot said:
how can i tell if it has lsd, (i have a really bad clutch at the moment, stock and on 130,00km) so doing a little burn out only kills my clutch more, where do i look on the chasie to find out?
also, what does VLSD mean/do compared to LSD?
thanks
You don't have LSD. They only put that on the SE-R's up until 97 I think. If I'm correct the V in VLSD stands for Viscious(someone correct me if I'm wrong). All I can tell you is it's an upgraded LSD. If you want LSD Phantom Grip makes one for the GA16DE manual tranny. Somewhere around $200 I think.

Mitch

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you want to be SURE it's not LSD, spin one wheel and if the other one goes the opposite way it's open end.

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
Jed118 said:
If you want to be SURE it's not LSD, spin one wheel and if the other one goes the opposite way it's open end.
Dude, it's a fact that they didn't make the GA16DE trannys with LSD. There has been a rumor about some of the JDM trannys having LSD but that is only a rumor.

Mitch

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well I don't know all that yet, I only read half the repair manual so far trying to keep this car from rattling itself loose.

I have an auto (unfortunately) so it would really not phase me if it had LSD.

Or if I had LSD... :fluffy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts