Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 1991 240sx and wanted to change the diff. The car came with the open diff and I really want an LSD. My friend told me that a LDS from a nissan 300zx tt can be fitted on the 240. I would like to know what I would need for a complete swap. any help will be appreciated

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,125 Posts
Bluehydro8 said:
I have just bought a 1991 240sx and wanted to change the diff. The car came with the open diff and I really want an LSD. My friend told me that a LDS from a nissan 300zx tt can be fitted on the 240. I would like to know what I would need for a complete swap. any help will be appreciated
First thing, DO NOT get the twin turbo diff, it's got a different gear ratio in it and it will really slow your car down (3.86). The NON turbo has the same ratio as the 240 (4.06). The 300ZX uses the 2 bolt rear cover so if you own an S13 you'll need to switch it. The biggest problem with the 300ZX is that the output flanges are different. They look like a '5 star' flange where the 240SX uses 3 sets of 2.

·
Registered
58 Posts
so other lsd can we get yo configure to our s13???

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,125 Posts
cwrr226 said:
so other lsd can we get yo configure to our s13???
Besides trying to decipher your grammar, listed here are some R200V VLSDs that will work:

Infiniti J30 95+ , No mods needed, but might need driveshaft that's used because of ABS sensor
Infiniti J30 pre 95 , Needs new output flanges
Infiniti M30 , No mods
Infiniti Q45 , No mods

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
rogoman said:
Besides trying to decipher your grammar, listed here are some R200V VLSDs that will work:

Infiniti J30 95+ , No mods needed, but might need driveshaft that's used because of ABS sensor
Infiniti J30 pre 95 , Needs new output flanges
Infiniti M30 , No mods
Infiniti Q45 , No mods
I'm pretty sure 95+ J30 VLSD fits the 240SX driveshaft. The ABS sensor can be removed by using the 240SX R200 back cover, so I'm told.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks guys for all the help it was really helpfull......oh yeah I forgot to ask. did any US s13 ever come with an LSD? Can you guys recomend a good LSD for my car that wont break me buget

1 - 6 of 6 Posts