Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Lowering Springs

I did a search and couldnt find anything for the B12...

All I've really seen is a 2" drop for the b12.. has anyone done this?

Any advice or recommadations on how to go about this and if its worth it...

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Eibach makes two different sets of springs, pro-kits and sportlines. The pro-kits drop 1.3" in the front and 1" in the rear. The sportlines drop about 2", but you will probably have to buy camber plates. Remember that the B12s have very little suspension travel so when you lower the car 2" it's going to be a bit rough and you will need a GOOD set of shocks. I suggest the pro-kits instead. Nismo also makes a suspension package but it is out of production. There are a couple of other companies out there but I can't remeber their names.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
ST does make some good springs. That seems like a good deal, but you will probably want to buy new struts to go with the springs.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the help.. any suggestions on what struts

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Tokico makes a strut insert and KYB makes the GR2s. The KYBs will probably get killed if you lower more then 1.5". My car isn't lowered so you have to wait for someone who knows more about lowering then I do.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for all the help tho...

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
i have the sprint performance springs with the 2inch drop with a set of brand new oem struts on my b12 and to me it still rides like its stock . i love them but you will definetly have to watch ur exhaust especially the smaller pipe that attaches to the cat. i swear i ve torn that bad boy off numerous times.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was it at least easy to fix?

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
my bad, dude. i didnt break it , i just scrubed it quite a few times. i would suggest getting rims before the lowering springs because there will definetly be a difference on the stock 13s. good luck

·
0 Posts
well as far as spring u can spint i think they have a 2"2.5 lowering spring unless u want to do what i did i cut my spring 3' in the front and 2' 1/2 in the back on 16teens but know im going to swap my engine for the sr20det hell yea:eek: and i need to raise it up cuase im customizine the r33 skyline kit into my 87 sentra an im also adding 17 in rims. I hade a ? does anybody know if the b-13 sturt would fit my car if u do know let me know thanxs.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I think the struts in the front are the same as the B13 but the ones in the back are definitely different.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have H&R springs, but they're not on the car yet. i hope to get them installed soon...they seem quite stiff compared to the stocks, and since i got my rims on there u can really feel the crappy stock springs.

·
Registered
292 Posts
actually the b13 suspention is just like the b12 sus. 4 wheel indapendant. I went with sprint 2" springs and there an awsome ride. I have KYB GR2's on the car and still rides smooth and stiff i meen its a great combination. eibachs are nice springs i jsut feel you spend to much money for what you get and considering if your going for looks a 1.5" drop doesnt give you to much for the lookers. I have 16's on the car with 205,40's
and I dont know what you guys were talking about with the muffler issue but i havnt had any problems. Only thing i had to do after lowering ther car was roll the fender wells to prevent my tires from being cut.
I really suggest buying performance springs and not cutting them. by cutting the spring your going to give your struts a nice fast premature life. and @ 2" your safe and dont need a camber kit but if you go anything past 2" you will most definatly need a camber kit to get close to proper alignment.
if you really want the flexability of the low look and setting the car exactly for the feel and look you want id suggest going with coil overs made for the b13 ser. yes they will fit fine. Danny your going to need to swap that whole sus to SER sus if your doing that engine swap. I would start ordering things for the SER now like the axels and springs and struts. most of the parts will fit on the b12 anyways so why not :).

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
even if i drop the car 2" i could still fit 16 rims wit no rubs?

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
89Sentra said:
even if i drop the car 2" i could still fit 16 rims wit no rubs?
OF COURSE , MAN. many of us have already done this, so go ahead and order ur springs, you will love 'em

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok im going to roder the Sprint springs as soon as I get my pay check...

Should I order struts with these too?

Thanks,
Jesse

B

·
0 Posts
If you want a more than a 2" drop, a coil-over suspension is your best bet. They don't sell applictation specific coil-overs from the B12, but Charles Johnson who owns the turbo SR20DE powered B12 is using a set of KYB AGX shocks and Ground control coil-overs both made for the B13 sentra. You can read the article by looking up his project B12 SR20DET on the nissanperformancemag.com website. There's a whole write-up about the installation and what needs to be done in order to modify them to fit the B12. This is a more expensive route to go, but it will give you a much more aggresive drop and better handling, since the KYB AGX's are adjustable. Just another option.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the input...

I think Im just going to go with a two inch drop since thats all im interested in...

Thanks,

Jesse

1 - 20 of 41 Posts