Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this board and I just got an 05' spec v. Please don't tear me apart for asking suspension questions, I have searched and found some good info but here I'm asking for opinions... I don't have the money (as of now) to do all of the cool power mods like header/exhaust/CAI but what I do want to do is make my sentra look more aggrassive.

I want to lower my car 1"-1.5" and I want to space my wheels 10-15mm in the front and 15-20mm in the rear.

From what I've read on these boards and the B15 suspension thread, I should go with either eibach pro kit springs or H&R sport springs and H&R spacers...

My questions are what do you guys think? What spacing combo will look the best with a moderate drop? Will my tires rub with that drop and these spacers?

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Rubbing with spacers is quite likely. Without spacers you can go down to around -2 inches without any rubbing problems.

Traditionaly spacers also hurt prefomance/handeling depending on how far out your spcaing them... I would HIGHLY reccomend just getting new rims (wider) rather than adding spacers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BlackoutSpecV said:
Rubbing with spacers is quite likely. Without spacers you can go down to around -2 inches without any rubbing problems.

Traditionaly spacers also hurt prefomance/handeling depending on how far out your spcaing them... I would HIGHLY reccomend just getting new rims (wider) rather than adding spacers.
Thanks Blackout. Unfortunately, I can't afford new rims at the moment and since I have the brembo brakes I am very limited with my selection. Also, I would like to keep the car as stock looking as possible while adding a more aggressive look.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Okay, makes sense to me. Personaly I would save the money and skip the spacers. Just note that you may have to add new studs, and if you dont plan on doing that yourself you may start racking up labor charges. When its all said and done you may be only a few months savings off from those sexy ass Nismo rims (that clear the brembo package).

Like I said, without spacers there are no rubbing issues with modest a drop. I would be careful about how much of a drop you do with spacers, if any drop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts