Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

when i bought my car 2 months back the first few days i felt like i was in a boat. the stuts were so bad that the car hit the ground at 60mph.

i then got the front struts changed professionally,,aka parts from autozone. now i am planning to change the rear struts myself. is it easy , what are the steps to follow.

if i replace the OEM springs with aftermarket ones, will the body go down, what i want to do is lower the body basically.

thanks
mk

Q

·
0 Posts
mk_sentra said:
hi

when i bought my car 2 months back the first few days i felt like i was in a boat. the stuts were so bad that the car hit the ground at 60mph.

i then got the front struts changed professionally,,aka parts from autozone. now i am planning to change the rear struts myself. is it easy , what are the steps to follow.

if i replace the OEM springs with aftermarket ones, will the body go down, what i want to do is lower the body basically.

thanks
mk
Go with Eibach Pro Kit springs, 1.5" drop all around. Don't drop your car any lower. Make sure you get a Haynes manual and follow the instuctions. You will enjoy the ride.

Q in Sac

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree with the above. I put KYB struts and Eibach Pro Suspension on my 94, and its a much sweeter ride. Granted if you're running with big wheels (and teenie weenie rubber) you'll still feel the bumps rather well, but it'll handle so much nicer, say good bye to the boat.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Removing the struts includes removingthe back seat and there are 3 nuts on each strut to pull off to allow them to come off the body. The other 2 nuts are the knuckle bolts. Get a good spring compressor and use it correctly. then compress the springs and remove the top nut. If your strut mounts are rusty, replace them with OEM Nissan parts. They are not cheap, but worth every penny. Compress the new spring and strut together with the new nut supplied with strut and put back in car, make sure to align the rear end again or the toe of the tires will wear quick.
Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eibach Pro Kit springs, 1.5" for $300?

hi

the local guy said these cost 300. any online store which sells for little less?

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts